Monday 1 June 2009

Slow progress!

I've now started the remaining exterior work, so the bits that will be bricked have been painted grey, which will look like the mortar. There is lots of white paintwork to do, and I've given a first coat to the dormer window surrounds.

I've used masking tape around the ceilings to allow for a 1cm gap. This will enable the coving to stick more securely. I hope the second coat of white paint goes on ok as the first coat looks really patchy.

Its at this stage that I'm starting to understand why some people decorate their house while flat-packed. Reaching the corners is really difficult and its taking a lot of time.

The shop frontage I've decided will be a dark racing green, though I'm still looking for a suitable non-gloss paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)