Saturday, 14 June 2014

Flower making

I picked up a mixed bag of plastic and fabric flowers for about 50p at York fair, knowing they would come in useful at some point.

Added to the punch-out flower shapes, I've managed to create some pretty displays for my mansion.


Sunday, 25 May 2014

A new range for the kitchen

I needed a new range for the kitchen, something that would suit the date of the house, which is Edwardian, early 1900s.

Range prices go from under £10 to over £100. The cheaper ones aren't realistic in the least, and the others are out of my price range.

So, I decided to build one myself! I drew up the plans and, with cardboard, mountboard and cocktail sticks, began to create. The pictures below show the steps I took. I'm pleased with it but I do think it would look better in a chimney breast. I may add to it further in time.

Making the range ...

Making the range ...




Sunday, 11 May 2014

Changing rooms

The basement level of the mansion house has four rooms: a kitchen, a hallway, a bedroom and a sitting room. The latter two rooms are for the butler and the housekeeper. I didn't like the sitting room, it needed a chimney breast and the wallpaper was a little dull. So this weekend I've given it a makeover - I'm very pleased with the result. The pictures are below. The bedroom is next!




The steps to getting there....