Monday 7 June 2010

Living room: wallpaper and cornice

I've pasted fleur de lis wallpaper on the living room walls, and have fitted cornicing, which I've measured and sawed using a miniature mitre box (see the last picture for how I do this). Tomorrow I'm adding a picture rail and am cutting lollypop sticks to size before staining them in walnut for the floor. After they are fitted I can add a skirting board.

Skirting boards, cornice and picture/dado rails should always be mitred for a more realistic look. It's painstaking but worth it!









3 comments:

  1. hi my name is elizabeth i LOVE your photos of the doll house, i have to do a school sac and make a doll house, that last photo is that what you used to make the corners and if so where do you buy something like that.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth and thank you for your lovely comments :) I suggest you search online for a 'mini mitre block'. I just have and I found some on eBay and some hobbyist websites. They are relatively inexpensive, just a couple of pounds plus postage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for that l am building a dolls house and wondered how to do the cornice

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)