Saturday 24 April 2021

Introducing Willow Cottage





I’ve been pontificating about this 1/24 scale Dolls House since 2012. I bought it from the York Dolls House Fair and it’s been boxed since then.

This house is by Bromley Crafts, and is a six room dwelling with two of the rooms in the attic space.

I’ve added a bespoke back door to the kitchen area which I think will help to bring some light.

I also plan to block in the staircases as currently they are open plan. As I’m looking to make this a 1930s/1940s house, really they should be separate to the rooms.

Last weekend I primed the wood with a coating of 50% water/50% PVA. This is a great base for the paint. I’ve painted the sides of the house in a light grey as a good backdrop for the bricks. 

The roof of the house is now painted a darker grey ready for some tiles to be attached. I have the brick formula and stencil, but I’m still looking for roof tiles.

More to follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)