Saturday 7 August 2021

Lockdown hobbies... and a Triang Stockbroker



Over the last year, Hobbies and interests have come to the fore as people take care of their well-being.

Hobbycraft reported an upsurge in online business as millennials took up new crafts, and others rediscovered old ones.

Like many of us, I’ve found myself diving into my dolls houses even more these past few months. I’ve been less online and more doing real things!

Here’s my latest beauty. I’ve always admired Triang number 93/72 houses, also known as Stockbrokers. This lovely was an online find from a very nice gentleman in Leicestershire. It was a very pleasant transaction and I’m hoping to buy a second house from him soon.

This house came with some stunning furniture. I am sure some of it is German. If you spot any makes that you know, please tell me as I’m very interested, but certainly not looking to sell, as I’m keeping the house and furniture as is.

I’ll feature some of the items in the coming weeks and this weekend will write up how I retained the old fixtures, while rewiring the lighting. With the lights on it has a wonderful glow reminiscent of a real 1960s home.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)