Saturday, 4 September 2010

Shop: window dressing

A quick search for 'Victorian shop fronts' on Google resulted in a range of images showing panelled wood behind the items on display.

Some spare balsa came in handy, so I cut it to size, actually half an inch longer, and I stained it in walnut once I'd added strips of wood to give an impression of panelling.

I made a shelf from some spare cornicing, reversed, and steadied in placed with a big blob of blu-tak.

The other window will feature three biscuit tin boxes and some cheese, which I'll make in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)