Saturday 4 April 2009

Nearly home!

Today we called in to Teeny Totz at Chester le Street to choose the house. The owner, Joyce, is very helpful and is a font of knowledge on doll houses.

I've chosen the Magpies model, with the shop frontage, as the lovely big windows will allow a fantastic view inside the house once it is fitted with lighting.

The house - in an upainted, flat pack kit form - should arrive by Wednesday next week, so preparations are underway at home for my new hobby space ie covering the dining room table and making space in the dresser draws for the materials I'll need.

I'm going to pop to a haberdashery shop tomorrow to try to pick up a bag of remnant material as I plan to make the curtains, bedding and cushions for the house. I'm scouring ebay for dolls too, as I want to make the outfits.

For the house and shop style, I'm going to decide upon a date in time when it belongs to, and ensure that all the items I buy or make are appropriate for the fashion or trends at that time. Bit of research required here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)