Monday 8 February 2010

Kitchen: fireplace wall

I've built the fireplace wall separately for easier application of the brick slips. I had some thick black card which has been perfect to creat a wall and chimney breast. Some of the cornicing has provided a sharp 90 degree angle for the breast. The mantlepiece is 3/16" basswood with strips of cornicing as supports. The whole unit was painted black before the brick slips were applied.

The brickslips are entirely hand made from stipple painting sandpaper with black then red paint (wait for the first colour to dry) and are 3/16" x 3/4".














2 comments:

  1. Love what you are doing with this little shop. It is really sweet and you have some terrific ideas Julie, Best wishes, Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the process of making a chimney breast for my DH and stumbled across your blog. You've inspired me to 'have a go' and make my own. Thanks for sharing.
    Sylvia

    http://sylviaryan.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=d572725a075560d0

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)