Saturday 3 October 2009

New shop display stand

Slight change of plan. I'm going to use the polymer clay I bought a few months ago to save on stocking costs.

I'll be making cheese and bakery products, so will fit a shop theme around this. Apparently general provisions merchants were pretty normal then, so times haven't changed too much. I'm going to do more research before I start with the clay.

Ordering shopping for home delivery seems such a new development, created to help make our lives easier. But this was pretty much the norm for many Victorian families who used telegraph, mail (by hand or by post), instead of the internet, to make their orders.

I've built a new display stand which will be used for bakery products. This was made from balsa wood and kebab sticks.

The new display stand before staining:


After staining and in place:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so thank you in advance. I read every one and try to reply to all. Julie :)